putting things in order











Anyone who knows me, knows that I am very good at helping others, and not so good at helping myself. I have spent the past few years working at doing first things first, making the foundation of my day a priority, instead of running around after everyone else. My kids will be the first to say that my house is incredibly cleaner than it used to be when all eight of them were home, but even still there were pockets of clutter that I hadn't yet tackled.



As I have spent quiet time every morning, pondering, praying and reading scriptures, I have had time to reflect on what I need to be doing in my life, not only for others but more importantly, for myself. One of the big changes, is that I am going back to school in the fall. I have registered at the college in Social Work; I have been accepted into 'Open Studies' for the fall, and am waiting for an interview to see if I am accepted into the Social Work faculty.

As I have tried to get things ready, it has become obvious that there is still a lot of work to do to get this place organized. There is much to be taught to my husband and kids who will have to pick up after themselves, and to do some of the work that I won't be able to do.

There is much to be cleaned up so that things will run smoother. As I was stressing about how this was going to happen, I knew that one of the first places that I needed to start with was my closet. I have clothes in there that are size 12! After a shopping trip to Ikea, in which I scored 5 $20 PAX wardrobe pieces, I drew out what I wanted my new closet to look like. A friend came over and volunteered to help me clean out my stuff so that I could get ready to install a new closet organizer. Three days later.....voila!

Comments