Painting again

In trying to get ready for our impending move, there is a lot of work to get this house looking good Last night, I had a dream that I was driving to church with the family .I stopped the car and got out so that I could go home and change my clothes. When I got there, after a long struggle to try to run home, I arrived only to find I didn't fit any of my clothes! Just before I woke up, Ron had come home and was helping me sort through all the mess to find some clothes.
As I reflected on this, I realized that I don't fit my house right now: there is clutter for many years of hurried living with a large family. I kept my children close by keeping their stuff. While I did cherish the time we had together, especially the more kids I had and the more I realized how quickly they grow up, I still spent a lot of time dealing with all the dishes and laundry and clutter that accumulates with that many bodies.
My new perspective is trying to get this house ready to sell, but also to get it comfortable to live in: somewhere that I can relax and be me. Not worried anymore about keeping things so that I can be attached to those I love, but instead focusing on making memories with the ones I cherish.
And in the meantime, I am having fun watching the process of observing this house unfold into a beautiful piece of art. Here are some before shots:


Comments